Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Too late.

I tell him that I’m slowly drowning, lower and lower to the point of my lungs collapsing, my breath gets shorter and shorter. The shorter my breath gets the more I no longer desire for another. I tell him that I just need him to hold me, just for a moment. He’s the only one who has ever fixed my breath in the darkest moments like these. I tell him that my guilt covers me to the point of misery everyday. I tell him that I can’t even stomach the idea of a life without him. I tell him that I am sick and tired. I tell him I don’t know if I even have a desire to live this life anymore. I beg him, if you ever loved me please have mercy on me, please just be with me for
one moment. I tell him I need you, I really need you. 

He sets down his phone, he rolls over, and he sleeps soundly, and forgets me. 


I told him, but it was too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment